On day four of our staycation we celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family. Because Casey and I have never lived in the same city (let alone state) as both of our families, we have always rotated holidays. So if we do Thanksgiving with his family, we do Christmas with mine. Then the next year we swap, Thanksgiving with mine, Christmas with his. It's been a really great system up until now. With Jenna in the picture I don't know how much longer we are going to be willing to travel for every single holiday but I'm sure that we'll go for a little while longer. All that being said, this year we are with Casey's family for Thanksgiving so we celebrated with my family while we were down there. We had a pretty big group this time. We had my Dad and Holly, my Dad's Aunt Betty Lee (married to my now deceased Dad's maternal Uncle Donald) and his cousin Linda Lee, my Dad's sister Lisa, Lisa's son JD, his wife Jen and son Ben, Lisa's son Nathan, my Mom and Bob, Chris' parents Padre and Vicki Quarders, and my whole immediate family, plus Megan's boyfriend, Joey. All in I think we were 26 strong. It was a great night. We have a family tradition to go around the room and say what we are grateful for each year. It's one of my favorite holiday traditions of any holiday. My husband, as always, was articulate and funny. I just adore that man.
Family Day - 4/29
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment